New fuel tank decals fitted and I must say, just for a change, I did a good job, no bubbles and straight 😁
I finally figured out why the Triumph wouldn’t start. It was the points, they were soaked in fuel and grease. I think I over zealously tickled the carb which then leaked all over the magneto. Oops, I’ll know not to do that again.
A quick squirt with brake clean then compressed air and voila! away it went.
I’m surprised how fast it is, quite, I think it will do the ton. I’ve swapped out the front brake shoes and the brakes are a little better, still some fine tuning to improve them to be done though.
More progress on the Bitza Build. Got my ignition switch mounted, made one of the missing top engine mounts, made the coil mounting bracket fit, painted the shorty mudguards (not my finest work, to be fitted after compliance with a smaller tail light), fitted the exhaust from my “good” CG (not sure I like this one anymore so a new one coming for my “good” CG). Engine starts easily and runs well. Valve clearances need doing, but there is an odd noise coming from the bottom end. A sort of clicking, doesn’t sound like it’s from the engine, maybe clutch or gearbox. Further investigation required.